Springfield Central, QLD
Mastery Schools Australia employs Undergraduate and Postgraduate Psychology students as Support Workers to assist teachers, groups of students and individual students in the delivery of quality education.
- Administration of Literacy and Numeracy standardized tests
- Scoring and data entry of standardized tests
- Conducting individual and group counselling and resilience building sessions
- Work directly with groups of students to provide support in classrooms across all subjects
- Work with individual students, on a one to one basis
- Accompany students on excursions as required
- Supervise small groups of students
- Assist in teaching duties under the direction of a classroom teacher
- Provide administrative support for teachers when necessary
- Attend professional development and training required by the school and actively seek opportunities to increase knowledge, experience and skills held
- Where appropriate opportunities present, become involved in the life of the school in order to promote community and contribute to objectives of the school, including attendance at staff, teachers and faculty meetings as required, working with volunteers and work experience students, becoming involved in school events.
- Ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of students.
- Other duties as required by the Manager of Allied Health
- Enrolment in an approved Psychology course
- Ability to successfully engage young people in relevant and dynamic learning
- Able to develop good working relationships at all levels
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines
- No adverse findings resulting from criminal history checks (i.e. AFP National Police Check for working with children or no unsuitable findings by the Department National Investigations Unit)
- Hold a current and valid Working with Children Blue Card
Express your interest below.