Mastery Schools Australia employs undergraduate education students as Assistant Teachers to assist teachers, groups of students and individual students in the delivery of quality education.
About the Role
Southport | Coolangatta | Nerang
Opportunity for Casual, Part-time or Full-time
- Work directly with groups of students to provide support in classrooms across all subjects
- Work with individual students, on a one to one basis
- Implement modified curriculum programs for students
- Accompany students on excursions as required
- Supervise small groups of students
- Assist in teaching duties under the direction of a classroom teacher
- Provide administrative support for teachers when necessary
- Keep a record of support strategies and curriculum adjustments in accordance with Individual Plan requirements and maintain these records for use in reviewing students’ development.
- Attend professional development and training required by the school and actively seek opportunities to increase knowledge, experience and skills held
- Where appropriate opportunities present, become involved in the life of the College in order to promote community and contribute to objectives of the College, including attendance at staff, teachers and faculty meetings as required, working with volunteers and work experience students, becoming involved in school events.
- Ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of students.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and review of Individual Support Plans (ISP), Individual Education Plans (IEP), Safety Plans, Attendance Support Plans and Behavioural Support Plans
- Other duties as required by the Head of Campus
- Enrolment in an approved undergraduate education course
- Ability to successfully engage young people in relevant and dynamic learning
- Able to develop good working relationships at all levels
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines
- No adverse findings resulting from criminal history checks (i.e. AFP National Police Check for working with children or no unsuitable findings by the Department National Investigations Unit)
- Hold a current and valid Working with Children Blue Card
Apply for this position below.